Saturday, January 28, 2012

Not In My Back Yard (NIMBY): Residential Solar Panel Arrays

‘I was reminded of this when I read a recent article in ClimateWire (sub. req.), by Lacey Johnson, “Boom in Solar Panels injects NIMBY Battles into Neighborhoods.”

The story begins with Barbara Katz, whose hilltop home in historic north Baltimore, amid roaming wildlife, was threatened by her neighbor’s plan to install an 600-panel solar array. Johnson reports:


“My initial reaction was, ‘Oh my gosh, this is going to be an eyesore,’” remembers Katz, who was confronted by a plan for more than 600 ground-based solar panels on her neighbors’ lawn. “No one would want this in their backyard. It looks like it’s an industrial park.” ‘ - Robert Bradley, Jr., Master Resource, 01/27/2012


Link to the entire article appears below:

http://www.masterresource.org/2012/01/micro-solar-nimbyism/

No comments:

Post a Comment